The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 156 views: 174,688
teashea 23rd October 2022

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 164 views: 194,045
teashea 23rd October 2022

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 184 views: 281,209
mattiasnyc 12th July 2022

Our very own psycho_monkey has done an excellent column for the good people over at music-credit librarians Jaxsta - this is a...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 17,054
Whitecat 20th October 2021

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 135,086
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 71,384
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 72,999
Jules 1st February 2011

New at this... wondering if I can get a mono guitar track to appear to come from both sides only... nothing (or very little)...

Desaavik
replies: 27 views: 720
Sharp11 1 hour ago

Hi, I made a mix of this song a few years ago and thought it sounded pretty good. But lately I have compared it so some...

richard clements
replies: 28 views: 401
GeneHall 5 hours ago

Learning as I go here... Have what I consider decent sounding drum and bass tracks for my song. But when played together, they...

Desaavik
replies: 7 views: 261
JSchlomo 17 hours ago

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, members of this magnificent entity. I have a basic beginner question and would like the...

digitaldesign
replies: 9 views: 327
digitaldesign 19 hours ago

hello ! i am trying to figure out the best area or sweet spot when setting my microphone volume before i start to record my...

simply intricate
replies: 1 views: 67
kuasalogam 20 hours ago

"There are sonic disadvantages to half-inch over quarter-inch when you get down to the...

DAH
replies: 5 views: 257
jaddie 1 day ago

I hope I have not posted in the wrong forum... I'd like some advice and recommendations on upgrading some of the equipment in my...

C.N.
replies: 8 views: 321
joeq 1 day ago

Alright, so I see there are 2 general ways to pan drums when mixing a recording - you can either pan them as you'd hear them from...

nksoloproject
replies: 17 views: 365
joeq 1 day ago

I've been mixing for 2 years and producing music for 5 but I'm clearly still pretty fresh if I don't understand how to figure...

nadaclosefriend
replies: 0 views: 54
nadaclosefriend 1 day ago

I got my hands on a mesa rectifier 25 for an absolute steal. The problem is that I don't think I am giving it justice because I...

shroomer24
replies: 0 views: 70
shroomer24 2 days ago

Hi!! Is it Possible to Learn Live Sound Online?? What Courses Are Recommended?? Thank You Very Much!!

newb
replies: 3 views: 211
newb 2 days ago

Hi, I've been traveling for about 5 years now and as such my home studio is in storage. I want to record some songs playing my...

Spiritos
replies: 0 views: 51
Spiritos 3 days ago

Hi, I'm re-amping some guitars using a Fender Princeton amp, the guitars are all telecasters or Gretsch Duo Jet.... I'm using a...

Atlanta Bliss
replies: 23 views: 370
Atlanta Bliss 3 days ago

Hey guys, I'm giving up on inserting my WA 273 EQ as an Insert in my Studio One Project. I'm not able to get the UAD Console...

Jaffxx
replies: 1 views: 170
Korcraft 4 days ago

Hi! For the first time I have an opportunity to record 16 tracks simultaneously with my old faithful PC. Most likely I will...

noisecreator
replies: 3 views: 132
Korcraft 4 days ago

I have never programmed anything. I want to program a VST plugin in the future, more specifically a TPDF dithering...

hasan aydin
replies: 0 views: 62
hasan aydin 4 days ago

Hi All, I'm interested in CLA's reverb setup which has been described in the Waves Mixing With Depth series. At the start...

cpsmusic
replies: 0 views: 91
cpsmusic 5 days ago

I have a stereo bar and when i put the mic's at 110 degree angles, the capsules are about 25cm apart. The correct placement for...

camomiletea
replies: 16 views: 1,299
David Rick 5 days ago

Hi Gearslutz! First post, I was wondering whether you could help me. I was wondering if there is a difference between using an...

Dave The Machine
replies: 6 views: 2,143
bill5 6 days ago

Complete newbie question here. Was just wondering if each of these had pros and cons on a audio interface: USB 2.0 bus...

Just Started
replies: 27 views: 38,127
X_word_x 1 week ago

I know that room mics give an overall sound of the drums, and I have heard others state that the main sound should be from the...

Charb
replies: 4 views: 231
NeveousWreck 1 week ago

After researching studio setups under $500 for a beginning audiobook narrator (me), I've come up with the following list. Any...

T.o.m.
replies: 0 views: 43
T.o.m. 1 week ago

Hello from Paris! cooge After quite a while of lurking, I decided to post. Fairly new to production and electronic music and...

WeedFrog
replies: 2 views: 193
joeq 1 week ago

Guys, I'm considering 600 ohm headphones but am not sure if my Dangerous Music D-Box can properly push them. Manual says...

datapeddler
replies: 3 views: 1,677
benda 1 week ago

Hi, I am digging deeper into gain staging. I have a song that I’m working on where all the individual tracks are hovering...

chp
replies: 9 views: 293
Korcraft 1 week ago

Hi! I just have a few questions that needs to be clarified/answered by seasoned veterans would be definitely helpful....

woaks1109
replies: 1 views: 167
Korcraft 1 week ago

Hello :) I'am trying to reproduce this kinds of atonal sounds you can hear in mordern trancy-housy Indie dance music, (Bass and...

PrTacos
replies: 0 views: 56
PrTacos 1 week ago

I'm new to recording, have a heavy rock guitar track I like, and I'm hiring a remote drummer. What levels should I be requesting...

jmm33
replies: 3 views: 202
matt pinchin 1 week ago

Hey everyone! KeatonBurneyMusic here. Am brand new to the forum and found it when googling my titled issue but no one has my same...

KeatonBurney
replies: 9 views: 254
Progger 1 week ago

Hi! Im trying to make this (aparently?) two specific sounds/effect. I'll let a video bellow with the exact moment extracted for...

BrianInfante
replies: 5 views: 253
joeq 1 week ago

I am working with some audio material that has a peculiar artistic choice at the end. As the song nears completion, it fades out,...

Fresiki
replies: 1 views: 201
joeq 2 weeks ago

Hi, I've been mixing and producing for around 15 years. However I've recently started a mastering project for some...

Roblpp80
replies: 4 views: 192
joeq 2 weeks ago

I'm recording mostly hard rock music, but since I don't have a drummer, I program a single MIDI track, make it as close as...

jeff367
replies: 32 views: 5,202
warnogs 2 weeks ago

I just mixed for my first client ever that has an old Chuck Berry vibe to his music. All I had to work with are the tracks he...

Toothlessmusic
replies: 2 views: 139
MAXX VADA 2 weeks ago

So far, I've only found the Event Production Directory. Anybody know of other entertainment production company directories?

indiemike
replies: 0 views: 91
indiemike 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, Audio production newbie here! I'm a beginner just learning how to create my own song demos with Reaper. Really...

Addiefied
replies: 0 views: 70
Addiefied 2 weeks ago

I got annoyed with the UA 'ecosystem'. My nice new Apollo Twin X borked: insufficient processors to run the UAD plugin$ I'd...

Rowboat
replies: 5 views: 374
Rowboat 2 weeks ago

So, just this year I became fully invested in producing all my own music (recording, playing all my own instruments...). I never...

T.M.A.
replies: 115 views: 3,859
RedBaaron 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I'm trying to reproduce the 80s vocal setting on songs like Kajagoogoo's Too Shy - and to a lesser degree, Japan's Still...

Ed Staunton
replies: 0 views: 131
Ed Staunton 2 weeks ago

Hi! I have what I'm guessing is pretty simple problem, but I'm struggling with it. So- I'm running a handful of synthesizers...

willy_bangles
replies: 18 views: 320
willy_bangles 2 weeks ago
replies: - views: -
indiemike 2 weeks ago

Hey there! Can one of you gentlemen help me with my question regarding...

Big Noob
replies: 5 views: 300
BeefSupreme 2 weeks ago

Last Sunday, My UAD Apollo Solo spontaneously died! I opened a support ticket with UAD, but have not heard back after three days,...

Linear Diver
replies: 5 views: 134
Universal Audio 2 weeks ago

Hello all, first time posting and all due to me basically read everything I could find on this subject and not finding a...

Paedur
replies: 10 views: 12,099
prayr 2 weeks ago

Hi there, I'm lost. I need to connect my machines through MIDI somehow: Boss dr-202, Novation Supernova (rack), M-audio...

hsignals
replies: 4 views: 176
hsignals 2 weeks ago

My band started to make our own studio during COVID times to make our process of recording easier/cheaper. But, of course, there...

malac07
replies: 7 views: 182
malac07 2 weeks ago

Hey, I’m confused about some details about using a Preamp Neve 1073 DPX and an Apollo 8 Quad Interface. Is there a special...

ntzbnd
replies: 1 views: 129
Scragend 2 weeks ago

Hi friends, I’m working very hard on improving my mixing and mastering skills. I’ve been a session musician and performer...

chp
replies: 1 views: 131
jmm33 2 weeks ago

I became interested in audio during my freshman year in college. I decided that if I were going to go to school, it'd be for...

Scorchedwave
replies: 3 views: 1,159
mariahweiss 2 weeks ago

Hello, I have the following audio file : https://vocaroo.com/1nF67OiFA9hm I'd like to know what kind of distortions are...

JinKazama
replies: 0 views: 108
JinKazama 2 weeks ago

Moderators