Quantcast
Logic faders sound bad? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic faders sound bad?
Old 18th March 2014 | Show parent
  #31
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robangledorf ➡️
This was quite helpful! The Gain plug-in was involved. Thanks for giving me a real response that wasn't condesending / snarky
The first thing that I told is that it was a plugin...
Old 18th March 2014 | Show parent
  #32
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz ➡️
Yea remove the plugins then try that trick again. The plugin can make noise, they will call it some kind in vintage crap, but its just noise...
see^^^ this was the 1st response to your thread, but you didnt listen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 ➡️
The gain plugin is a wee feller much better replaced in all duties by the marvellous Sonalksis FreeG.
Old 18th March 2014 | Show parent
  #33
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robangledorf ➡️
This was quite helpful! The Gain plug-in was involved. Thanks for giving me a real response that wasn't condesending / snarky
Old 18th March 2014 | Show parent
  #34
Gear Nut
 
seeren's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
The problem is the resolution of the faders and send level knob. The only way to really do a null test is to push them all the way up. If you try and go by the numbers (type in +-3 on a fader) and dial in the send level to the same you'll miss by a fraction of a dB and there will be a small difference.

You'll have to take my word that the send to Bus 1 is maxed to +6 in the first pic and +4 in the second. Also witness the resolution of the Multimeter before you comment on how much signal is there.
Attached Thumbnails
Logic faders sound bad?-6.jpg   Logic faders sound bad?-try-4.png  
Old 23rd March 2014 | Show parent
  #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz ➡️
Yea remove the plugins then try that trick again. The plugin can make noise, they will call it some kind in vintage crap, but its just noise...
You were claiming that I had some sort of analog emulation creating noise. This was not the case in any way. I essentially had a trim utility, which I'm almost certain the logic developers werent intending to make "sound vintage"
Old 23rd March 2014 | Show parent
  #36
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robangledorf ➡️
You were claiming that I had some sort of analog emulation creating noise. This was not the case in any way. I essentially had a trim utility, which I'm almost certain the logic developers werent intending to make "sound vintage"
Nope, that was just the worse case scenario be because you use the words sound bad...
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump