Quantcast
Logic Additional Content - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic Additional Content
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Logic Additional Content

I was under the impression that the additional content was 35GB or so. When highlighted I am asked to have 51GB space available.
So how much space am I losing, 35GB or 51GB?
Is there any site that explains thoroughly all the details of the additional package? I really don't want to download a load of stuff I don't need. Like, what the hell are jam packs? Are they useful?
I'd appreciate anyone who can point me in the direction of a site that will go thru everything about the additional content in detail.

Thanks.
Old 11th March 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
At the very least it probably needs room to decompress
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I recently downloaded all the Logic content, I think it came to just about 35GB.

The jampacks are add-on sample sets for Garage Band. It's not great sounding stuff, but there are a few sounds in the jampacks that I'm glad to have. They will be filed under "legacy" sounds, so you can be compatible with older versions of Logic.

Pro X is my first version of Logic, so I can't sort through what content was already in Logic 9 and what is new with X.

I don't want to bore you listing stuff you already have if you've been using Logic for a while. Most of the new content is for the Drummer plug-in. It took a long time to download it all.

If Pro X is new to you, you might want to just download the stuff. You'll want the good content- the drums, EXS24 and Ultrabeat samples, impulse responses, etc. It wasn't clear to me at the download stage how to sort through the files, I couldn't tell what it all was for.

If you want a comprehensive listing of what sounds are in Logic, I'll post again.
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The jam packs are just apple loops I think. There's also some loops that used to come with Soundtrack Pro.

With Logic 9, I had over 20,500 apple loops installed. I just spent this last week deleting 15,000 of them. Deleting them was actually quite an enjoyable musical journey. You get a flavour of music from all over the world.

Once last blast from an orchestral loop, and then I hit the delete button. It's been like the last dying toot of the trumpet before I delete the loop forever, or a drummer banging away before the end of the world . It's as if the loops know they're about to die, like the violinists on the Titanic giving one last rendition.
Old 13th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljefe ➡️
The jampacks are add-on sample sets for Garage Band. It's not great sounding stuff, but there are a few sounds in the jampacks that I'm glad to have. They will be filed under "legacy" sounds, so you can be compatible with older versions of Logic.
I don't want to bore you listing stuff you already have if you've been using Logic for a while. Most of the new content is for the Drummer plug-in. It took a long time to download it all.
If Pro X is new to you, you might want to just download the stuff. You'll want the good content- the drums, EXS24 and Ultrabeat samples, impulse responses, etc. It wasn't clear to me at the download stage how to sort through the files, I couldn't tell what it all was for.
If you want a comprehensive listing of what sounds are in Logic, I'll post again.
Hi. Thanks very much for your help.

I used Logic 8 a few years back. It was a crack copy (shame). My computer was stolen and i have only recently replaced it.
At the time, I didn't use the loops that much really.

I purchased Logic X a few weeks ago. So I'm starting from scratch.
I have Komplete 9/Omnisphere/Trillian/Stylus RMX, so have lots of sounds at hand.
Just makes me think I don't have to download all the additional content. The new Drummer stuff may be useful.
I won't be using Ultrabeat or EXS24 so if I can avoid downloading any of that stuff, it will save me some space.
Old 13th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRand ➡️
The jam packs are just apple loops I think. There's also some loops that used to come with Soundtrack Pro.

With Logic 9, I had over 20,500 apple loops installed. I just spent this last week deleting 15,000 of them. Deleting them was actually quite an enjoyable musical journey. You get a flavour of music from all over the world.

Once last blast from an orchestral loop, and then I hit the delete button. It's been like the last dying toot of the trumpet before I delete the loop forever, or a drummer banging away before the end of the world . It's as if the loops know they're about to die, like the violinists on the Titanic giving one last rendition.
ha ha…this made me laugh!!
📝 Reply