The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best mixing controller for Logic Pro X: 2017
Old 15th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
EQ is *NOT* a plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by facej ➡️
The Vpots/faders are assigned in the order that you would see things in the "Controls" view of a plug-in.

You might want to try using a plug-in EQ and testing "Smart Controls".
In EQ mode the channels represent the 4 parameters for each band, 2 bands per "page".

You would probably be happier with the "Alternate EQ Edit mode". Press and hold "EQ". The V-Pots can be pressed to choose the mode. Press V-Pot 8 to get into
Frequency/Gain Channel view.

“Switches to Frequency/Gain Channel view. In this mode, you can edit the frequency and gain parameters for all EQ bands of the selected channel strip. Each pair of channel strips corresponds to one EQ band.

The mode display shows FG.
V-Pots 1 to 8 control the frequency of EQ bands 1 to 8.
Mute buttons 1 to 8 control the bypass of EQ bands 1 to 8.
Faders 1 to 8 control the gain of EQ bands 1 to 8.”

Excerpt From: Apple Inc. “Logic Pro X Control Surfaces Support.” iBooks. Logic Pro X Control Surfaces Support by Apple Inc. on Apple Books
Or you can simply put the "Vintage Console EQ" on the channel and use "Smart Controls" "Shift"+"INST" buttons. You get close to what you ask for.

I'm thrilled to discover "Frequency/Gain Channel" view, and the "Frequency/Gain Mixer" view.

Tip: You can edit another channel strip’s EQ without leaving this view by selecting the channel strip in Logic Pro or by pressing the appropriate SELECT button on the Mackie*Control.

Last edited by facej; 15th January 2019 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: Add Tip
Old 15th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Nucleus best i tried so far. Modded V1 user here.
Black V2 endcheecks and l300/l500 SSL fadercaps
Attached Thumbnails
Best mixing controller for Logic Pro X: 2017-5c568670-75e2-400e-984a-50e3b675145e.jpg  
Old 31st January 2019
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Does anyone have experience on the euphonix MC PRO (not the artist series, the system 5 MC centre section) with logic? These were 20.000 bucks when new but are available for a fraction of the price these days. Any real life experience would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10th February 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear

X-touch built-in to custom desk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2studios ➡️
I would like to see some pics of x-touch setups., especially those who have the extender as well. So hey fit together “nicely”? It seems like there would be a gap. I would also be interested in building them into a custom desk to alleviate some of the ergonomic issues.
I built this desk and needed a compact solution to control Logic Pro. The two Yamaha digital mixers are cascaded and come together in my interface (2X Tc-electronic sk48) which also has a digital dsp mixer built in. These then interact within logic and I use the x-touch to control the logic mixer etc. I wanted an elegant solution to a load of digital audio chaos with loads of channels going backwards and forwards all over the place. I built the desk myself out of iroko one board day.
Attached Thumbnails
Best mixing controller for Logic Pro X: 2017-38f6000d-4a85-4669-9189-8f83149fe9c5.jpg  
Old 11th February 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngoDigiBoy ➡️
I built this desk and needed a compact solution to control Logic Pro. The two Yamaha digital mixers are cascaded and come together in my interface (2X Tc-electronic sk48) which also has a digital dsp mixer built in. These then interact within logic and I use the x-touch to control the logic mixer etc. I wanted an elegant solution to a load of digital audio chaos with loads of channels going backwards and forwards all over the place. I built the desk myself out of iroko one board day.
Nice one, I like that. Very inspiring.
Old 19th July 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brown ➡️
I don't see any mention of the ICON QCON PRO X Controllers, anyone have any experience with these with Logic X?

YouTube

Qcon Pro X | Icon
What about this, anyone tried it ?
https://iconproaudio.com/product/platform-m-plus/

Anyone got experience with a Faderport 16 ?
Old 8th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone want to revive this thread for 2019/2020 ? I am seriously considering an SSL Nucleus 2, other wise a good ole Mackie. Btw, just read somewhere that the displays on the MCU have a life of 1.5-2yrs! Apparently Mackie confirma this!
Old 9th December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Mine were still running perfectly after 15 or so years.
Old 9th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
AVID S1 anyone? they released the new AVID Control Eucon software. I've been playing around with it. Seems pretty pro. The S1 seems perfect for my needs, but $1200 is pretty steep.
Attached Thumbnails
Best mixing controller for Logic Pro X: 2017-img_0604.jpg  
Old 11th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Nucleus 1 or 2 is perfect.
You get 2 very nice mic pre's and a Headphone amp in the mix with it.
Beautiful units. Catalina 64bit software is on the way.
Old 11th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
AVID S3 with Dock, the new Control app and Apple have just tidied up the Eucon spec... It's so wholesome!!
Old 12th December 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
I have targeted the S1 and am just considering whether to buy it twice or once in connection with the Avid Dock
Old 13th December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
no reason to not try Avid Control with EuControl running on the Mac. It seems to work. Don't know if I need the Avid view of how my DAW works...
Old 14th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Between MCU and EUCON protocol, which one has faster and user programable plug-in tweaking.
For eg on either that Nucleus or the S3, can a user program their own "presets" for plug-in knob positioning ?
Also, what does the Avid Dock allow one to do aith Logic ?
MCU seems more user friendly; Avid seems really deep!
Any thoughts ?
📝 Reply