The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic Pro X Flex Pitch Issues
Old 3rd July 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I use Logic Flex Pitch all the time and never had these issues! You guys are overdoing it or just doing it wrong.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

It is definitely a Logic bug. On one track it works fine, on other it doesn’t. It is totally useless. I never had such issues in Cubase. I got the trial in order to migrate from Cubase, but this is an important feature, which is buggy. You can see it in many forums when Google it. I also use M1 mac with lots of ram.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

For the last year or so flex pitch has been AWFUL. Basically since I got my M1 Mac. I use it everyday for vocals. It used to work great pre the M1. Now its bad and insanely glitchy. Half the time it doesn't read the pitches AT ALL. It may be something to do with running in Rosetta mode I'm guessing, but that's the only stable mode I can run Logic in. There are stupid workarounds, but it involves constantly bouncing in place which is annoying if you still want to tweak your insert plugins throughout the process.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_c ➡️
For the last year or so flex pitch has been AWFUL. Basically since I got my M1 Mac. I use it everyday for vocals. It used to work great pre the M1. Now its bad and insanely glitchy. Half the time it doesn't read the pitches AT ALL. It may be something to do with running in Rosetta mode I'm guessing, but that's the only stable mode I can run Logic in. There are stupid workarounds, but it involves constantly bouncing in place which is annoying if you still want to tweak your insert plugins throughout the process.
The problem is that I have cubase 9, which doesn’t work well on M1 in rosetta. When touching the clips I am getting white screen and cannot see what i am moving. That is why i tried Logic and I liked it a lot except this. Other think I don’t like is its amateurish auto time stretch. I am constantly afraid that it will process something without my knowledge.
📝 Reply