Quantcast
All Things Technical - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 4,660
Remoteness 5th October 2019

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 25 views: 118,149
Remoteness 25th August 2019

Starting to do some thinking about the possibility of recording a professional chorus for release on CD this coming January. The...

tourtelot
replies: 28 views: 628
voltronic 45 minutes ago

Reaper running on MBP for backup and multi-track playback. I see things like the AirTurn BT200S midi foot switch and wonder if...

tourtelot
replies: 4 views: 162
brew 2 hours ago

Hi all, I've been googling and searching the forum for this answer but haven't found anything. Apologies if this has been...

jonnyfaith
replies: 11 views: 354
deedeeyeah 15 hours ago

Hey there! I have a Meazzi M12 kick mic (same as akg d12 of the same era) and I’m wondering what the best way would be to go...

Smeewee
replies: 3 views: 133
PuebloAudio 1 day ago

Now that I have this wonderful SX-AD8+ with a Dante card and trying to reduce my tiny gig kit to the absolute minimum, I am after...

David Spearritt
replies: 3 views: 238
JCBigler 2 days ago

So, what video cameras are you guys using when you are asked to provide video and audio for audition or live performance...

jnorman
replies: 257 views: 18,806
hbphotoav 3 days ago

Anyone know how to get this to work? I "frequency select" the fundamental region (horizontal rectangle) and then...

David Spearritt
replies: 6 views: 416
David Spearritt 3 days ago

Hi there, very unfortunately my Zoom H6 has gotten sticky with time. Zoom unofficially suggested alcohol. It didn't worked....

Tavares
replies: 31 views: 17,363
Dr. Jule 3 days ago

Hi all - Does anyone here have first-hand experience of using the HHb Portadrive 2000 ? I am interested in people's first-hand...

nat8808
replies: 10 views: 1,234
nat8808 5 days ago

Hey all, I have been gathering impulse responses throughout Europe, Asia and Canada, for my continuing research into...

mlien
replies: 53 views: 4,906
Clbraddock 6 days ago

Don't have a CM4 but it will no doubt be another Line Audio big bang for a little buck and we can count on JP Gerard to handle...

boojum
replies: 316 views: 62,313
ampetrosillo 1 week ago

Sheesh. I have tried them all. Simple functions like lining up audio with video, titling, import, export, asset management,...

David Spearritt
replies: 466 views: 26,491
The Byre 1 week ago

Has anyone experimented with a 33mm ring on an MK4 to achieve some of the unique qualities of the 4VU? I just tried it on the...

M50k
replies: 13 views: 674
M50k 1 week ago

I'm hoping someone here can help sort me out with my SSL XLogic AlphaLink SX, it's my go-to converter in the studio and since I'm...

Klimermonk
replies: 4 views: 339
Klimermonk 1 week ago

Something happened to me today that hasn't happened in at least 20 years: I out-and-out blew a recording gig. It was a high...

nightchef
replies: 29 views: 748
heva 1 week ago

Deserves its own new thread. Monitoring, headphone mixes, talkback over Ravenna, two channels mic amp, DXD/DSD. YouTube

David Spearritt
replies: 1,967 views: 207,253
nat8808 1 week ago

I'm wondering if there's any difference between audio/preamp quality between portable recorders like Zoom F8 (or equivalent from...

Falcon1
replies: 6 views: 581
kugelfunk 2 weeks ago

Which do you prefer for your main pair - 1. Cardioid mics (XY, ORTF, NOS, DIN), 2. omnis (spaced pair, decca tree), 3. ...

jnorman
replies: 27 views: 4,697
kludgeaudio 2 weeks ago

I am wondering whether an SD card would work as a secondary recording medium. Setup is as follows: - Recording in Reaper on...

JGebauer
replies: 25 views: 762
JGebauer 2 weeks ago

Can someone please check my math? - According to the manual my Zoom F8 uses 12 Watts of power. I am assuming (!) that this is...

connloyalist
replies: 17 views: 1,125
McKinleyLewis 2 weeks ago

Hi there, Anybody has any experience using the Vivivaldy/Direcout solution for sending large number of channel in low-latency...

Calypso
replies: 5 views: 462
dgpretzel 3 weeks ago

I just received my Walimex pro AIR 290 Deluxe Light Stand from Thomann, at €64 excellent value for money. It actually...

JGebauer
replies: 0 views: 291
JGebauer 3 weeks ago

I recently purchased a pair of used MK 2 omnis with CMC5 preamps. The mics perform perfectly, but the matte finish of the...

Mediakobo
replies: 16 views: 739
Mediakobo 3 weeks ago

Yes I am aware this is a bit of an weird combination, but I am currently using my Amiga for writing old 90s style dance music,...

Milesy303
replies: 0 views: 188
Milesy303 3 weeks ago

Anybody running an Allen & Heath Mix wiz 4 16.2 with their USB interface and OS Catalina on Mac? Website says only support up...

gtrpaul
replies: 0 views: 316
gtrpaul 4 weeks ago

Some tech representatives from Zennheiser have recommended that I consider using 52 volt phantom power. Has anyone here have...

Plush
replies: 63 views: 10,630
True Phantom 4 weeks ago

Can anyone recommend an active speaker, which works as a Talkback speaker? Should not make any noise, obviously... Ideally ist...

JGebauer
replies: 31 views: 958
tourtelot 4 weeks ago

I went to my church to try out some various setups to record the newly fixed grand piano at my church. I'm using Neumann Km-183,...

Falcon1
replies: 20 views: 965
Falcon1 4 weeks ago

I ordered one off Amazon to see how it sounds. It looks like a copy of a Royer. See...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 16 views: 750
emrr 4 weeks ago

i know i have read something about this before, but could not find it with search function. is it possible to acheive an MS...

jnorman
replies: 16 views: 3,615
studer58 4 weeks ago

Don't know who's seen these but they look pretty hot. If the sonics are as good as the current models and the features are better...

MichaelPatrick
replies: 1,052 views: 300,129
pheff1 4 weeks ago

Hi guys.I`m new here,great forum and this is my first post.Can you tell me something about typical mic placement for broadcasting...

blags
replies: 41 views: 22,275
AlanTide 4 weeks ago

I have a Beyerdynamic M160N(C) that I bought new some 20-25 years ago. It has been lovingly cared for and not very often used...

wildplum
replies: 4 views: 380
hagstrom71 4 weeks ago

Hi all, I bought a new Tascam DR-680. In my mind the preamps are a way to noisy. But the main problem is, that I can hear...

LosWochos
replies: 38 views: 7,780
GLouie 1st November 2021

Has anyone used this machine yet? Product: DA-6400 | TASCAM Looks intriguing, Particularly like the Dual Power Supply...

noisyboy9
replies: 19 views: 3,697
Zoot 28th October 2021

hey there, silly and short question over here..................how do you pan a pair of microphones that is arranged in a...

Alexi
replies: 17 views: 12,947
jimjazzdad 27th October 2021

I use a Shure SM-7B microphone and a Cloud Lifter pre-preamp for voice over work. I have a session today and was checking my...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 5 views: 448
studer58 27th October 2021

Anyone have a response chart for the M 934 switchable omni/card capsule? A web search has turned up nothing. Thanks

M50k
replies: 3 views: 698
bremusound 23rd October 2021

I have a burning question... it would probably be buried into oblivion down there where that topic is... So here is my...

The Listener
replies: 2,075 views: 421,001
PluckinTones 23rd October 2021

Hopefully, this is a stupid question. I've taken to the habit of, once everything has been moved over to the computer for...

joelpatterson
replies: 21 views: 1,148
tourtelot 22nd October 2021

I'm setting up a small (17'x11'x8') room for recording, mostly jazz/improvisation. I'm treating it with 14 4'x2' 3" and...

Chieftain
replies: 2 views: 379
Tommy-boy 19th October 2021

maybe such things have been discussed before but couldnt find it so kindly ignore. i have an approx 17 ft x 12 ft x 8 ft...

PrancerTran
replies: 38 views: 1,682
PrancerTran 18th October 2021

What is the best concert hall reverb software for classical music under $3.5k? I am looking for a reverb that treats the initial...

88man
replies: 133 views: 48,842
deedeeyeah 18th October 2021

Looking at session photos from the 60s and 70s, the way boom stands are used with main mics/arrays is quite different from what...

M50k
replies: 10 views: 852
jimjazzdad 17th October 2021

Does anyone have any tips on where to get a pair of Electrovoice PL20 dynamic microphones serviced? They are the same inside as...

TonyF
replies: 12 views: 1,001
Dr. Jule 16th October 2021

Hi! I would like to know what software/hardware i need to setup a remote session with a potential customer that wants to try...

JAY X
replies: 4 views: 781
mix-er 15th October 2021

Hi All, please a question I need answering. I have the need to record a 6 piece orchestra and I have a 6 channel Neve pre amp...

henry miller
replies: 9 views: 961
philper 15th October 2021

Touts symmetry for M/S as a main point. I am looking forward to hearing it. http://samaraudiodesign.com/AL95.html List...

tourtelot
replies: 149 views: 18,050
Yannick 15th October 2021

Seems to be missing from the Grace site and I'd like to install it before Monday rolls around. Does anyone have the Grace m108...

tourtelot
replies: 2 views: 495
tourtelot 10th October 2021

Hi there, I’ve bought an used Avalon 737sp around a month ago. I picked it up myself and the seller checked everything was...

adrianher
replies: 1 views: 527
Folkie 10th October 2021

Moderators