🎧 15 years
Talking 2 track Mytek DSD Recorder

This unit Mytek claimed to replace 1/2 inch 2 track recorderMytek DSD Recorder

MSRP $5995

Damn!
Old 20th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
what part of production would this be used for? I can't imagine anyone could track anything useful with it
Old 20th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
what part of production would this be used for? I can't imagine anyone could track anything useful with it

I'm really hoping that I mis-understood this. You didn't mean that a two track recorder is useless because it only has two tracks, did you? What should I tell my last 7 clients, all of whom paid actual cash money for two track recording sessions?

Or did I totally miss your point?

steve
[email protected]
Old 20th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
No, you read me right- I was just posting with an unsaid context, which was ******** of me ;-) All my posts about DSD recorders have expressed my need to record full bands, but without real intense effects processing so DSD would be an option. I realize that for classical music/location stuff, 2 tracks are not only doable but sometimes ideal. I just meant that in terms of tracking a band type thing.
Old 20th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Looks like you can link units together for more channels. I'm suprised there isn't a timecode input (did I miss it?).
Old 20th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Its a little premature to be comparing products, but at $6k, the Mytek costs more than a fully loaded Genex GX9000 8 track; with 8ch of analog to/from DSD, analog to/from PCM and PCM to/from DSD converters. They're gonna have a hard sell unless I'm missing something.

steve
[email protected]
Old 20th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by hollywood_steve
Its a little premature to be comparing products, but at $6k, the Mytek costs more than a fully loaded Genex GX9000 8 track; with 8ch of analog to/from DSD, analog to/from PCM and PCM to/from DSD converters. They're gonna have a hard sell unless I'm missing something.

steve
[email protected]
\

Very Much agreed.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…