The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Thinking about an EC-2 upgrade for HD24..
Old 9th September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks guys, no I am not used to quality conversion in a recording environment, I used an Otari 2" tape which sounded really good to me but then when I started to build my own setup I just got what I could afford at the time.

What I'm saying is that with the HD24 I feel like, compared to my old converters, it doesn't suck as much life out of the recordings than it did before.

I will definitely upgrade to the EC2 sometime but for now I can't cause I just bought a new console which I think should improve my sounds a lot more thant the converters, mostly because of the preamps and transformer on every i/o.

Then, in maybe a year or two, or before if I make some good money, I'll upgrade the HD24.
Does it make sence or am I being stupid and I really should go out and buy the EC2 if I don't want to destroy what's being recorded?
Old 9th September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You're on Gearslutz, so of course we are obligated to tell you to go buy the converter. But if it doesn't make good business sense to do so then don't. Go make money to pay off the gear you already have and reinvest on the way. I have to remind myself of this every day.
Old 10th September 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hd24/ec-2

I was poking around on the Alesis a few days ago and found that Alesis is selling the EC-2 upgrade through their site for $499. This is the best price I could find for the upgrade. Perhaps they are discontinuing the HD24 recorders.

Regards
David
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wow, you're right. If any store actually has them in stock I'm sure they are VERY unhappy about the huge price drop (that is surely below dealer cost).
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopthomas ➡️
Wow, you're right. If any store actually has them in stock I'm sure they are VERY unhappy about the huge price drop (that is surely below dealer cost).
Yeah it's a very good price, it used to be 800$US.
I wrote to them to see if they can sell it at this price to me even though I'm in canada.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by matskull ➡️
Yeah it's a very good price, it used to be 800$US.
I wrote to them to see if they can sell it at this price to me even though I'm in canada.

Let us know what they say. I'm in the UK and in the market for an EC-2.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner ➡️
Let us know what they say. I'm in the UK and in the market for an EC-2.
ok I will.
📝 Reply