Quantcast
Has anyone figured out how to get an MKH series mic to fit properly in a rode blimp? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Has anyone figured out how to get an MKH series mic to fit properly in a rode blimp?
Old 8th August 2020
Here for the gear

Has anyone figured out how to get an MKH series mic to fit properly in a rode blimp?

I'm running an MKH 8040 + MKH 30 p48 in MS config on a rode blimp (I needed the flexibility of using multiple configs so I went with the blimp over the rycote).

Anyways, the MKH is slab sided and it always leans to one side on the rycote lyre, I'm sure its not a huge deal but my conscious won't let it be. Has anyone figured out how to get this mic to stay up straight?
Old 18th August 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Mount the 30 on the bottom and clip the 8040 to the top
Align the capsules
Should balance vertical
Show us a pic
Roger
Old 18th August 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schubird ➡️
I'm running an MKH 8040 + MKH 30 p48 in MS config on a rode blimp (I needed the flexibility of using multiple configs so I went with the blimp over the rycote).

Anyways, the MKH is slab sided and it always leans to one side on the rycote lyre, I'm sure its not a huge deal but my conscious won't let it be. Has anyone figured out how to get this mic to stay up straight?
You know that there are specific Rycote clips to accomodate the MKH series in a zeppelin, and even a specific clip, made by Sennheiser, for setting a pair of MKH mics up in the proper M/S alignment?

D.
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone figured out how to get an MKH series mic to fit properly in a rode blimp?-download.jpeg  
Old 1st November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Recently picked up an MKH 30 on eBay for an absolute bargain price. Whilst I don't have an MKH 50 to pair it with (yet) I've setup and tested the MKH 30 in M/S config alongside my Rode NTG5 shotgun mic inside a Rode Blimp MKii. I had to purchase a 'Rycote MS Back to Back Clip' for £18 in order to mount the mics together inside the blimp. For cabling I borrowed the junction box short XLR cable from my NTG5's handle grip kit and fed it out to the blimp's handle. The XLR coming out of the blimp is tied to the blimp's handle with a bongo tie. Handling noise is very low. Photo attached.

Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone figured out how to get an MKH series mic to fit properly in a rode blimp?-img07453.jpg  

Last edited by JamesClark1991; 2nd November 2020 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: .
📝 Reply