Old 1 week ago | Show parent
That is seriously wonky.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPetz ➡️
. Is this the correct response?
I doubt it. Very much looks like something else is going on. No idea what.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat8808 ➡️
I doubt it. Very much looks like something else is going on. No idea what.
yea me too.. the only thing could be the cable wich shouldn't give this response also but I will try another one later.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Conversely, I can't think of a way to get this kind of property in a loopback.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That seems like a nice comb filter. Must be user error, some kind of delayed lower level signal that is combined with the original.
Gear Maniac

Yes the user it is. There was a problem with the routing.

This is the correct measurment. Still a bit wonky in the highs.. might will measure an Apollo twin for comparison.

BTW: I am doing this to find the differences between SMPS and LPS. There are some but I am not sure how audible..
Attached Thumbnails
Merging Anubis-bildschirmfoto-2021-11-17-um-01.09.53.jpg  
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Ok, it just happened again. I've lost count of how many times I've experienced this so far.
Windows suddenly stopped seeing the Anubis in the system sound devices.
Asio still works.

I have literally changed nothing in my system. It was fine an hour ago. Had lunch and went for a walk, now it's no longer working.
Already tried restarting the Anubis, the Merging server, and the pc several times already.

I'm scared of installing the latest drivers and/or firmware, because that already led to losing all my Aneman connections and other issues in the past.

How can a professional tool be this wonky?
TLS
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by disp ➡️
Ok, it just happened again. I've lost count of how many times I've experienced this so far.
Asio still works.

I have literally changed nothing in my system. It was fine an hour ago. Had lunch and went for a walk, now it's no longer working.
Already tried restarting the Anubis, the Merging server, and the pc several times already.

I'm scared of installing the latest drivers and/or firmware, because that already led to losing all my Aneman connections and other issues in the past.

What version are you on? I am on the latest drivers/firmware and it has been far more stable/reliable than the older drivers.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

This is the correct measurment. Still a bit wonky in the highs.. might will measure an Apollo twin for comparison.

BTW: I am doing this to find the differences between SMPS and LPS. There are some but I am not sure how audible..
That looks ruler-flat to me. Do you realize how fine the resolution of that frequency graph is?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakinrecords ➡️
That looks ruler-flat to me. Do you realize how fine the resolution of that frequency graph is?
Yes I am totally fine with it now.

Quote:
Same question here!! Even though I had someone from the support making some tweaks for the best performance, I still have connections problems form time to time, need to redo the matrix connections to finally make it work again or everything works but videos in the browser don't and when I switch to internal output they work again. Its a mess and I am almost about to plug in my apollo again. Less sound quality and less problems. I wish they would hire someone of rme for a month!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by disp ➡️
Asio still works.

You can save the aneman settings to recall them again at any time.

My advice:

1) Save aneman settings
2) Completely uninstall the drivers and reboot
3) Install the latest version, when you install it, please update to the latest firmware.
4) Load the aneman setting

This should work.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS ➡️
What version are you on? I am on the latest drivers/firmware and it has been far more stable/reliable than the older drivers.
I'm now on the latest version of drivers and firmware and everything is working great again!
It did take me over an hour of troubleshooting though, which isn't cool at all considering I have to run a professional business here.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by denork ➡️
You can save the aneman settings to recall them again at any time.
I don't think I knew about that. That's extremely helpful, thanks!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yes I am totally fine with it now.

Same question here!! Even though I had someone from the support making some tweaks for the best performance, I still have connections problems form time to time, need to redo the matrix connections to finally make it work again or everything works but videos in the browser don't and when I switch to internal output they work again. Its a mess and I am almost about to plug in my apollo again. Less sound quality and less problems. I wish they would hire someone of rme for a month!
Yeah, same! I've had customer support on my computer via teamviewer like three times already haha. I've never had these kind of problems with any piece of technology ever.
Of course Merging say it's my fault for not having a dedicated studio pc (i.e. having an internet connection), and that one can't compare their divine technology to simple amateur/loser tech like USB.
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Can you do REW jitter test?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

If you have any questions about the sound, network settings, etc. If at all possible, it is better to ask reseller than Merging.

I think Merging hardwares is designed to work with software such as Pyramix and Ovation.
These are not quite modern(no side-chaining!!), but they are very good if the situation is right.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
FYI, I’m now running an M1 MacBook Pro, and the Merging stuff is working swimmingly!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I wonder if there are simply networking settings that are optomised for internet use on most people's PC's operating systems which dont work so well for these kind of audio over Internet protocols.

Digital audio streams are very very different from networking data packets that can arrive with all sorts of different, unpredictable timings - I guess they all, Dante, Ravenna, etc require relatively stable ethernet/internet environments to work at their best. And in a pro world, that's what you'd do.. make the network exclusive for your audio and probably set up network adapter and router/switch settings manually to help things run smoothly too.

God knows what Windows is doing under the surface - it optimises networking pretty much for the internet and file transfer stuff really.
📝 Reply