The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Merging Anubis
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by louderjamz ➡️
I can use my REW measurements with so many programs that feature parametric EQ (PEQ). They all translate.

Anubis Q-value is different to anything I've ever seen so I can't translate my REW measurements to Anubis.

Q-value is pretty critical when it comes to PEQ.

So as it is, I can't really use Anubis EQ properly at all.

Has anyone found the same?
You should contact support, they may have an explanation, or it is an error and they should correct it.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by louderjamz ➡️
I can use my REW measurements with so many programs that feature parametric EQ (PEQ). They all translate.

Anubis Q-value is different to anything I've ever seen so I can't translate my REW measurements to Anubis.

Q-value is pretty critical when it comes to PEQ.

So as it is, I can't really use Anubis EQ properly at all.

Has anyone found the same?
Please post back if you figure anything out.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork ➡️
You should contact support, they may have an explanation, or it is an error and they should correct it.
Yes but in parallel I wanted to ask other users what they thought.

Doesn't look like anyone (on this thread anyway) uses it. Otherwise it stands out to me as un-usable, if trying to translate from REW for example.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider ➡️
Please post back if you figure anything out.
I can't figure anything out. I've been trying to figure out the relationship between Anubis Q-value and REW Q-value but can't.

Would be great if others looked into this and contact Merging support also.

If I'm the only one I doubt it will register any interest.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Anubis EQ is derived from Pyramix EQ-X which indeed uses a different Q value (0-100). You can check how both systems relate to each other, for example, checking on the internet the values of some standard settings (like an octave, or two octaves) for the common Q system, visually checking that on the Anubis and doing your own conversion table. I don’t think you will find an already prepared table for that, unfortunatey.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalo1004es ➡️
Anubis EQ is derived from Pyramix EQ-X which indeed uses a different Q value (0-100). You can check how both systems relate to each other, for example, checking on the internet the values of some standard settings (like an octave, or two octaves) for the common Q system, visually checking that on the Anubis and doing your own conversion table. I don’t think you will find an already prepared table for that, unfortunatey.
Thanks but developing a conversion table based on visual guestimate isn't ideal.

It's strange that Merging use such a bizzare Q system

If anyone wants to use PEQ on Anubis, please contact Merging support. The more that ask, hopefully they can fix it and change to something that matches REW for example.
📝 Reply