The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Merging Anubis
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1591
Lives for gear
 
denork's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by louderjamz ➡️
I can use my REW measurements with so many programs that feature parametric EQ (PEQ). They all translate.

Anubis Q-value is different to anything I've ever seen so I can't translate my REW measurements to Anubis.

Q-value is pretty critical when it comes to PEQ.

So as it is, I can't really use Anubis EQ properly at all.

Has anyone found the same?
You should contact support, they may have an explanation, or it is an error and they should correct it.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1592
Gear Nut
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by louderjamz ➡️
I can use my REW measurements with so many programs that feature parametric EQ (PEQ). They all translate.

Anubis Q-value is different to anything I've ever seen so I can't translate my REW measurements to Anubis.

Q-value is pretty critical when it comes to PEQ.

So as it is, I can't really use Anubis EQ properly at all.

Has anyone found the same?
Please post back if you figure anything out.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1593
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by denork ➡️
You should contact support, they may have an explanation, or it is an error and they should correct it.
Yes but in parallel I wanted to ask other users what they thought.

Doesn't look like anyone (on this thread anyway) uses it. Otherwise it stands out to me as un-usable, if trying to translate from REW for example.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1594
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider ➡️
Please post back if you figure anything out.
I can't figure anything out. I've been trying to figure out the relationship between Anubis Q-value and REW Q-value but can't.

Would be great if others looked into this and contact Merging support also.

If I'm the only one I doubt it will register any interest.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1595
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Anubis EQ is derived from Pyramix EQ-X which indeed uses a different Q value (0-100). You can check how both systems relate to each other, for example, checking on the internet the values of some standard settings (like an octave, or two octaves) for the common Q system, visually checking that on the Anubis and doing your own conversion table. I don’t think you will find an already prepared table for that, unfortunatey.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1596
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalo1004es ➡️
Anubis EQ is derived from Pyramix EQ-X which indeed uses a different Q value (0-100). You can check how both systems relate to each other, for example, checking on the internet the values of some standard settings (like an octave, or two octaves) for the common Q system, visually checking that on the Anubis and doing your own conversion table. I don’t think you will find an already prepared table for that, unfortunatey.
Thanks but developing a conversion table based on visual guestimate isn't ideal.

It's strange that Merging use such a bizzare Q system

If anyone wants to use PEQ on Anubis, please contact Merging support. The more that ask, hopefully they can fix it and change to something that matches REW for example.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 200 views: 20636
Avatar for Patzerat
Patzerat 5th August 2005
replies: 177 views: 24341
Avatar for studer58
studer58 16th December 2020
replies: 2347 views: 396092
Avatar for didier.brest
didier.brest 4 days ago
replies: 36 views: 5928
Avatar for VenVile
VenVile 18th February 2018
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump