Quantcast
Behind the Rack: Cable management - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behind the Rack: Cable management
Old 19th June 2015
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Behind the Rack: Cable management

I'm putting together a new rack and was looking for any tips/tricks. A while back, I could have sworn there was a thread FULL of beautifully wired racks/cases here in remote, but I cannot find it to save my life. Search and Google hath failed me!

So, what are your preferred tools/methods for making it all beautiful, functional, and free of snarls?

Thanks!
Old 19th June 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpmonkey โžก๏ธ
I'm putting together a new rack and was looking for any tips/tricks. A while back, I could have sworn there was a thread FULL of beautifully wired racks/cases here in remote, but I cannot find it to save my life. Search and Google hath failed me!

So, what are your preferred tools/methods for making it all beautiful, functional, and free of snarls?

Thanks!
Search "Back of your rack"

Here
And Here
Old 19th June 2015
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 5 years
AHA! Bad search terms! Thanks man!
Old 20th June 2015
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
there might also be some valuable information here: https://gearspace.com/board/remote-p...equipment.html
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hi we are leading all types Cable Trays manufacturer, supplier and exporter of and we also provide services for Laser Cutting, Metal Bending, Sheet Metal Fabrication, Sheet Metal Shearing, Powder Coating, etc.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 5 years
cable management depends largely on the gear you're using...

all my racks have an madi/aes converter at the top and (almost) all cables are dsub25 to dsub25 (or fan out to xlr-m/xlr-f) or then go to a patch panel.

here are two pics of a recent install and a pic of a messy split box - that said, split boxes don't need to be this bad but then they become vastly more expensive...
Attached Thumbnails
Behind the Rack: Cable management-20200820_171843.jpg   Behind the Rack: Cable management-20200821_155443.jpg   Behind the Rack: Cable management-20200831_175923.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Super Moderator

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpmonkey โžก๏ธ

Thanks!
It's a bit dated (eleven+ years ago,) but here's a thread I started back in 2010.
There's some cool stuff to see and read...
What Does The Back Of Your Rack Look Like When You're Wiring?

This thread goes back even further to 2002, but you may find value in this discussion...
What Does The Back Of Tour Rack Look Like?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Use shielded AC cables. Most of them are not. You don't want 120 volts of AC flying around in there.
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…